- Salary: €70,000 - €80,000 DOE
- Location: IrelandLeinsterWicklow
- Sector: Pharma & Life Sciences
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: email@example.com
A well-established leader in the international pharma industry are seeking a highly-skilled automation engineer to join their Team at their Wicklow campus.
As part of the Technical Automation and IS team the Automation Engineer will manage, develop and co-ordinate automation activities relating to production assets and site utility systems.
Key duties and responsibilities may include:
- Contribute to the completion of projects, manage your own time to meet agreed targets and develop plans for short-term work activities on your own projects.
- Implementing code/systems changes on the automation systems under change management/change control as part of sustaining and Capital projects as required.
- Participating in the development of the Automated System Life Cycle documents.
- Working on production systems continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintaining the validated state of the automation systems.
· Managing and executing automation projects.
· Carrying out control system revalidation.
· Ensuring System upgrades and solutions to obsolescence topics throughout our site.
· Ensuring automation systems comply with safety and regulatory guidelines.
· Developing recovery/backup solutions for equipment failures.
· Developing Archiving systems and procedures for all relevant production equipment.
· Ensuring Data Integrity requirements are met
· Supporting maintenance activities as required – including troubleshooting of highspeed packaging equipment and highly automated process equipment.
Qualifications and Desirable Skills:
· Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Engineering/Science) discipline or equivalent.
· Problem solving skills
· Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
· At least 3/4 Years’ experience with Automation and IT systems.
· High level knowledge of Industrial Networks architectures (Ethernet IP,Control Net & Profibus)
· Extensive technical, operational and business expertise in the following disciplines:
o MES Systems experience – Rockwell and Werum solutions
o PLC / SCADA (e.g. Siemens, Rockwell, iFix, InTouch)
o Data Historian Systems (e.g iHistorian)
o Vision Control Systems with preferable experience Keyence & Cognex Vision Systems
o Computer Systems Validation – GAMP experience
o Automation & Control systems support of highly Automated Production equipment and Packing lines
· Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills and can manage projects autonomously
· Vendor and Contractor management
· Be solutions orientated, delivery focused and passionate about supporting our production site with technical support solutions.