- Salary: €35,000 - €55,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterWicklow
- Sector: Pharma & Life SciencesAdvanced Manufacturing
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client are currently seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team in Dublin. Our client has been a leader in precision engineering for over 60 years.
Reporting to the Design team Lead, you will be part of a large team of designers responsible for designing complete designs for precision pharmaceutical tooling based on a list of defined inputs.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Study and follow a complete design brief
- Design of Blister packaging tooling using computer aided design (CAD) carried out exclusively in SolidWorks.
- Control of Bill of Materials (BoM), CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
- Adhere to project deadlines and schedules
- Contribute to departmental monetary targets
- Make design changes on existing products
- Follow defined procedures and internal standards
- Detailed review and check of designs and changes for compliance to internal standards and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Support process improvement activities
- Assess and implement improvements proposed by manufacturing, assembly and other key departments within the company
- Undertake special projects as required
- Reverse engineer tooling
- Support the review of customer issues when required and propose solutions
- Provide the Sales and Customer Services Team with technical support as required
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
- Be an effective team member, working with Team Leader and colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
- Third level qualification in BEng in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years in a Mechanical Design Engineer role designing bespoke products
- Working knowledge of computer aided design (CAD) software such as SolidWorks, technical drawings and 3D modelling essential
- Experience of producing detailed drawing for manufacture with knowledge of geometrical tolerances
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills
- Team player, with the ability to build relationship within and external to the design team.
- Self-motivated, flexible, proactive and committed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, results driven and ever changing environment
- Innovative thinker that can envision new and better ways of doing things
To apply please send your C.V to email@example.com or apply directly through Indeed.