- Salary: €60,000 - €80,000 (DOE)
- Location: IrelandMunsterCork
- Sector: Pharma & Life Sciences
- Contact: Mark Rigney
- Mobile: +353872143202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonas Technical are currently on the lookout for a Senior Piping Designer to join an international leading consulting engineering and project management company. Our client has a preference for a permanent hire but are open minded to contract hires. The successful person will receive a strong renumeration package and be based in our clients Cork office. Opportunity to work on in the industrial sectors with projects in Data Centre, Pharmaceutical and Food & Bev industries.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Working directly with the senior leadership team to fill this role
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Layout of Process equipment systems using 2D and 3D software packages to produce drawings from concept through to construction issue.
- Designs and Models piping systems including supports using 3D modelling software. AutoCAD PLANT 3D, AutoCAD RE-CAP 360 and NAVISWORKS.
- Generates Piping design and detail drawings including General Piping Layouts, Piping Isometrics and Pipe Support Details utilizing 2D and 3D modelling software.
- Work with team members and across other discipline to coordinate piping designs.
- Evaluate vendor equipment for design applications and assist with equipment specifications and reviews.
- Examine and validate drawings for quality and compliance.
- Examine, validate and coordinate other discipline designs for compliance with layouts.
- Conducts site surveys to evaluate design options and take necessary measurements.
- Relevant degree is advantageous
- 10+ years’ with piping layout, design and supports.
- Minimum of at least 5 years of 3D CAD design experience in a technical software platform
- Extensive knowledge of piping design standards, specifications, guides and procedures.
- Candidate must have proficiency in a windows based environment and software (Word, PowerPoint, project, advanced excel and access)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis and ability to work with pipe stress engineers.
- Must be able to take field measurements with tape measure, and other electronic measuring devices.
If this sounds of interest, or to make a general inquiry about other Engineering opportunities, please don’t hesitate to get in touch today.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com