- Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
- Location: East of EnglandUK
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Dylan Tracey
- Mobile: +353851869697
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonas Technical currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join a close client of ours who are leading specialist in high voltage Transmission and Distribution systems across many different sectors, including Renewables, Data Centres, Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and managing electrical connections to new or existing developments, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, as well as working closely with customers, utility companies, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality design solutions.
Our client are a rapidly growing company, and therefore this position presents a great opportunity for the right candidate, as they are looking for someone who will embrace the opportunity, and progress with the business as it grows.
- Undertake site surveys and liaise with customers to identify their requirements
- Produce electrical designs and documentation in accordance with relevant regulations and standards, such as ENA Engineering Recommendation G81
- Liaise with Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) to obtain budget quotations and obtain connections offers
- Attend design review meetings with clients and DNOs
- Submit connection applications and provide ongoing support to customers throughout the connection process
- Ensure that designs meet customer requirements and are delivered on time and within budget
- Carry out technical audits and checks on designs produced by other team members
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant regulations and standards and ensure compliance in all designs
- Provide technical support to other team members as required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards, such as ENA Engineering Recommendation G81
- Experience in electrical design, ideally in a utilities or ICP context
- Experience of using relevant design software, such as AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with customers and other stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome design challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time and within budget
- Full UK driving license
Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 (DOE)
Position: Full-time, Permanent
If you feel you are the right fit for this position, and would be interested in hearing more about the role and the company, we would love to hear from you!
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com