- Salary: €60,000 - €70,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Niamh Kedney
- Mobile: +353851866731
- Email: Niamh.Kedney@sonastechnical.com
Our client is seeking a Civil Structural Design Engineer to join their team in Limerick. Our client is a leading global Provider of Specialist Design, Engineering and Construction Services across a variety of key sectors including Data Centres, Renewables and Transmission and Distribution Utilities.
Hybrid work is available.
Why apply with Sonas?
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Leading the Civil and Structural Design elements of projects using industry standard software and co-ordinating design with the in-house electrical design and construction / project management teams.
- Ensuring civil and structural design elements for projects are in line with client specification, current industry guidance and codes of practice.
- Project Engineering; liaising with project managers and quantity surveyors regarding costing, planning and delivery of Civil & Structural elements.
- Ensure all engineering deliverables are undertaken in accordance with the company’s design management Procedures.
- Mentoring graduate engineers and ensuring their CPD is kept up to date.
- Engagement with local authorities/municipalities/utilities to ensure design is in accordance with planning requirements and gains sign off.
- Experience with utility design submissions and responding to design logs.
- Managing and responding to sub-contractor technical submissions.
- Client interfacing, including occasional site visits across all of the company’s portfolio of international work, as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a preference for verbal communication and management.
- Understand/Read sections, elevation and plan drawings of masonry, steel and concrete buildings, drainage, roadworks. Should be able to communicate in English and be proficient in writing technical reports.
- Civil/Structural design experience and knowledge of a broad range of civil engineering fields (SuDS/drainage, roads/transport, concrete, steel, masonry, geotechnics, utilities, etc) would be a distinct advantage
- Critical thinking skills with aptitude for innovative design and value engineering.
- Experience of temporary works design desirable.
- Team player who demonstrates high level of initiative.
- High level of computer literacy with proficiency in relevant software (Robot, Civil 3D, Advanced Steel, AutoCad, Autotrack and Revit, or similar equivalents).
- BIM familiarity is also advantageous.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary project team to deliver industrial/commercial projects.
- Experience interacting with International clients.
For more information or to apply directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org