- Salary: €60,000 - €70,000+
- Location: IrelandMunsterCork
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client are specialists in the Power and Utility Industry, providing construction, Maintenance and Upgrade works throughout Ireland. Currently they are on the lookout for a Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join their team in Cork. This position will provide support in all areas to the Power Division as well as to the team members and requires a high degree of technical knowledge, business acumen and people management. This is a full-time, permenent position.
- Commissioning of primary and secondary systems of HV distribution and transmission substations.
- Commissioning of MV and HV cable systems
- Configuration of protection relays
- Development of processes and procedures around commissioning activities
- Manage subcontract commissioning resources at times of peak workload
- Growing a team to deliver workload and support business goals
- Provide feedback to design and construction teams to minimise reworks
- Qualified as an Electrical Technician / Engineer with minimum of 5 years’ commissioning experience.
- Previous experience working on substations / Renewable Energy
- Previous experience of working with ESBN / holding ESBN approvals, while desirable, is not a requirement.
- Proficient using Omicron and other test equipment for testing primary plant and protection relays.
- Understands modern protection schemes with a knowledge of how they should work and function.
- Location flexibility and high mobility required – willingness to work nationwide as and when the needs arises
- Proficient IT Skills
Benefits & Package:
- A fully hybrid working model is in operation between home, office and site
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Career progression opportunities with a growing company
- Support to achieve Chartered Status
- Further education support
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Standard industry training provided
- On-Site Gym
- Wellness Programme
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Utilities recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email email email@example.com