- Salary: €65,000 - €85,000+
- Location: IrelandGalwayConnacht
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: email@example.com
We are actively recruiting a Electrical Design Manager on behalf of our client, a contractor working on a number of engineering solutions for all aspects of grid connection and customer side installations from conception through detailed design to construction. The company in question has experience in delivering significant projects in Ireland, Europe and Internationally. This is a hybrid position and the successful candidate will be based nationwide with occasional office and site visits. This is a full-time permanent position.
- Preparing primary substation design layouts
- Busbar system calculations, thermal & mechanical loading
- Secondary design including preparation of control & protection schematics
- Auxiliary AC & DC system sizing and specification
- Protection coordination studies
- Lightning protection, protective shielding, earthing design
- HV cable rating calculation and system design including losses calculations, load flow studies, short circuit studies
- Engineering from initial Feasibility stage through to project completion
- Application for connections to TSO/DSO
- Witness of factory & site acceptance testing
- Interface engineering with TSO/DSO
- Bid preparation
- Specification and procurement of major items of electrical plant
- A degree in Electrical Engineering is desirable.
- 6 to 10 years similar experience.
- Previous experience with MV/HV design, HV substation and underground cable design is desirable.
- Experience in people management or leading a team.
- Previous experience with grid connections / renewable energy / airfield works is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills -> Microsoft Office packages including diagnostic skills, and familiarity with Auto-CAD, ePlan, Power Factor or similar is preferred.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Energy and Utilities recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email firstname.lastname@example.org