- Salary: €45-60,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterCarlow
- Sector: Power & EnergyConstruction & Civils
- Contact: Aimee Burke
- Mobile: +353852654282
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Project Engineer
Electrical Project Engineer – Job Description
You will have the opportunity to work on projects across various sectors of the industry including educational, healthcare, advanced facilities and commercial projects which will provide the successful candidate with a wide variety of opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and industry experience.
Electrical Project Engineer – Key Responsibilities
- Support the project team on all aspects of MEP Design and Build Packages from concept to completion on site.
Carry out design reviews with external consultants and in-house project team
- ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Conduct due diligence reviews and designs of electrical services installations including, LV
distribution systems, cable containment, cables, general services, IT Communications
lighting, life safety, security and lightning protection systems.
- Possess commercial awareness, supporting to the commercial team from tender stage in terms of technical reviews, constructability, value engineering and modularisation options, and throughout the project life cycle.
- Establishing project objectives in line with our clients and ensuring goals & timelines are
- Direct reporting to Projects Director and Senior management with regular project performance status.
- Demonstrate leadership, team skills, self-confidence, and effective decision making
throughout a project.
- Participate in project team meetings and technical workshops with client and in house
- Liaise with the Project Manager, 3rdparty specialist systems suppliers and construction teams to assist in developing commissioning programm
- Ensure compliance with project specific BCAR requirements.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with our clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to review and modify designs in electrical engineering software and design packages such as Dialux, Amtech, and AutoCAD.
- Be Proficient in the use of Navis works & Revit MEP, with the ability to conduct high-level reviews of BIM models for spatialcoordination, and constructability.
- Prepare technical submittals.
- Prepare and manage flow of RFIs during designand construction phase.
- Manage project specific schedules.
- Monitor quality and progress through regular site inspections using tablet-based soft-ware.
- Issue site reports and progress updates.
- Manage information flow on cloud-based, file-sharing platforms with clients on a project-to-project basis.
- Occasional involvement in DALI Lighting Control Projects from a technical perspective.
• Min BSc Level 7 in Electrical Services Engineering / Building Services Engineering or
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in an Electrical Project Engineering
Role in Ireland,
• Full knowledge of the typical Electrical project life cycle from initial concept design to
• Knowledge of IS 10101 Electrical Standards, IEC Standards, IS 3217, IS 3218 and TGD
• Proficient in the use or have knowledge of engineering software tools such as Revit,
Navisworks, AutoCAD, Dialux and Amtech.
• Proficient in the use in the Microsoft Office Suite of Software packages.
• Familiar with project management tools such as Microsoft Project or Asta power project.
• Basic cost management knowledge including an ability to work within budgets, and mon-
itor project costs.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship in-
volved in project management.
Desirable but not essential Criteria:
• Experience in the modular construction industry.
• Estimating or Quantity Surveying experience.
• Knowledge of working with SBEM or IES.
• Experience in managing the BCAR process on M&E projects.
• Basic knowledge of mechanical services design and site installation.
• Electrical trade background.
• Knowledge of lighting control systems.
• Knowledge of modular wiring systems.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary and benefits along with an inclusive, collaborative working environment where personal and professional growth is fostered, encouraged and supported.
To apply please email your CV to email@example.com or apply directly through Indeed