- Salary: €45,000 - €65,000+ DOE
- Location: IrelandConnachtRoscommon
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a leading Contractor in the Utilities Industry is currently seeking a Health & Safety Officer. You will be joining the team on several large Energy projects across Ireland. You will be involve in assisting the teams on site and managers by recognizing any potential hazards and minimizing risks, ensure high standards of HSEQ are attained and to ensure all HSEQ legal obligations are met.
Nationwide travel will be expected with this position. This is a full-time, permenent position.
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQT statutory duties is achieved.
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement.
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQT Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfils its obligations under HSEQT legislation.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQT performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQT obligations.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times
- Hold a recognized HSQE qualification or degree; (NEBOSH, IOSH etc).
- Hold a recognized HSQE qualification or degree;
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years+ HSQE experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution and presentation skills;
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Full, clean driving license.
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in Civils & Utilities recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com