- Salary: €65,000 - €85,000+
- Location: LeinsterIrelandDublin
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Jack Whelan
- Mobile: +353 (0)85 256 7355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client are specialists in the Power and Utility Industry, providing construction, Maintenance and Upgrade works throughout Ireland. Currently they are on the lookout for a Mechanical Site Manager in South-West Dublin to work with a Data Centre Client on the installation of a Gas based powered plant. This will be a Contract position, with a project estimated run-time of 12 – 18 months.
- Lead and manage the team involved in Project Design, execution and Commissioning lifecycle, taking overall responsibility for performance and delivery of project(s) to required timescales, budgets and quality standards.
- Arrange regular team and one-to one meeting monitoring progress, providing feedback and taking action to ensure that all activity is on target.
- Provide team members with training, coaching and development opportunities in order to support learning and improve performance.
- Liaise with client to understand and interpret their requirements, highlighting and advising Contracts Manager of any deviations or variations from existing contract.
- Agree, and as necessary negotiate, project timescales and costs with the client.
- Draw up a detailed Project Plan, which will highlight all technical, commercial and installation tasks which can be used for progress reporting and tracking to higher management and the client as and when required.
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards, and requirements are fully incorporated into the Plan and adhered to.
- Allocate the resources needed to achieve the project to agreed timescales and standards of quality.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers for materials and services, ensuring ‘best value’ on basis of price, program quality, and reliability.
- Monitor to establish that each stage of the project is progressing according to agreed timescales and quality standards, and costs, taking action to resolve if delays or problems are occurring.
- Manage the client relationship through regular communication, keeping them informed of progress and checking satisfaction levels so that any difficulties can be resolved.
- Report project progress to the Projects Director/Senior Projects Manager on a regular basis, drawing attention to any difficulties or delays and the action being taken to resolve.
- Experience and understanding of the power generation industry.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing large scale projects in an Engineering environment.
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Solid technical background with an understanding of CHP, Hot water, steam raising plant and general electrical installation principles.
- Degree /HND/HNC in Engineering. (Desirable)
Why Apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E recruitment
- Provide you insights to the best salaries, rates, benefits on offer
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- One point of contact – we will manage all of your applications, interviews & contract negotiations
- Early access to other opportunities not yet posted on jobs boards
- Zero Cost
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com