- Salary: €60,000 - €75,000
- Location: IrelandMunsterCork
- Sector: Power & EnergyConstruction & Civils
- Contact: Cian Conry
- Mobile: +353851354902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client are seeking to hire an experienced MEICA Project Manager to join their growing team in Cork. They are an industry leader in providing innovative & sustainable engineering solutions to design, build, operate and maintain critical water and wastewater infrastructure across Ireland and the UK.
As MEICA Project Manager, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to bring water and wastewater infrastructure projects from design through to construction, commissioning and handover to the client. Leading the Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation (MEICA) Engineering scope of works on the project, or series of smaller projects you will be involved in all day-to-day aspects of delivery including programme management, commercial management and HSQE development and awareness.
You will lead in a one-team culture while actively contributing to your own skills and experience. Your role will be key in supporting the Contracts Manager to achieve the outcomes of the project. Due to the nature of the works completed bythe Client you will have an opportunity to witness a wide variety of multi-disciplinary engineering activities and will have the opportunity to focus and develop, a specialised knowledge base and progress your career, with a wide variety of career paths available.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental & Sustainability standards, policies and procedures are always adhered to on-site.
- Instil a positive Health and Safety culture within the team in their thinking and actions.
- Work closely and collaborate with all key stakeholders including clients, client representatives and third-party agencies.
- Ensure a positive experience for the client and their representatives instilling an ethos of collaboration and cooperation.
- Lead the construction team in all aspects of the MEICA scope of works.
- Liaise closely and support other engineering disciplines including civil/building engineering and the process teams.
- Facilitate the co-ordination role of the PSDP for live projects with internal and external designers. Represent the company as PSCS on live sites within your remit and co-ordinate all required documentation to be present on-site and up to date. Conduct regular Health and Safety inspections on live sites as well as conducting and leading toolbox talks and white-board meetings.
- Ensure best practice project management techniques are used such as Lean Construction and Last Planner.
- Monitor project performance including risk and opportunities. Mitigate/reduce risk where possible and manage opportunities.
- Report on the monthly performance of your project to the framework manager including performance against programme, budget and HSQE.
- Lead the team in the procurement of supplies and sub-contracts on time and within budget.
- Manage cashflow on projects and work with the Contracts Manager/ Commercial Manager to ensure interim payment applications are submitted on-time to the client.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Level 8 Honours Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role, preferably in the water and wastewater industry.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013. Holder of a certificate in Managing Safely for Construction Managers preferable.
- Experienced in MEICA engineering works such as process systems mechanical installation, control panels, electrical installations, commissioning and process proving activities.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver project objectives.
- Ability to engage with the customer as well as suppliers and sub-contractors in financial negotiations and final account agreements.
- Ability to use own initiative, problem solve and adjust as issues arise during project delivery.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
- Strong communication skills with a high level of motivation.
- Full Driving License.
For more information or to apply directly email email@example.com or apply directly on Indeed