- Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
- Location: GlasgowScotland
- Sector: Power & Energy
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +44747691931
- Email: email@example.com
Our client is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Glasgow. Our client is a leading global Provider of Specialist Design, Engineering and Construction Services across a variety of key sectors including Data Centres, Renewables and Transmission and Distribution Utilities.
Why apply with Sonas?
- Experts in M&E Recruitment
- We can provide insights to the best salaries, rates and benefits on offer
- One point of contact – We can manage all your applications, interviews and negotiations
- We will get your CV seen by the right hiring managers
- Manage day to day commercial and contract activities
- Creation and monitoring of procurement schedule
- Ensure supplier agreement and sub-contractors are managed in accordance with company policies
- Use the agreed costing system for allocation and coding to meet all internal and external requirements
- Providing regular updates/information to ensure contract milestones are achieved
- Payment applications – monthly or as agreed with the client
- Update contract obligations to meet additional client requirements.
- Manage Tender Vs Construction Cost analysis
- Manage sub-contractor accounts, providing Project Managers assistance in selecting/appointing sub-contractors, drafting sub-contractor contracts, processing payments and controlling variations.
- Have official handover meeting with estimating team
- Contract Negotiations, agreement of payment terms and milestones
- Liaising with the client and sub-contractors (attending site meetings when required)
- Regular contact with site staff/PM for project updates and tracking project Variations
- Providing support and mentorship to develop junior members of the commercial team.
- Responsible for notifying client/senior management of any increased project value or issues which may affect company performance
- Responsible for production and presentation of monthly cost reports to Commercial Manager.
- QS Degree Qualified
- 7 Years’ Experience in a similar role with HV contractor or utility
- Proficient in Excel
- International exposure desirable
- People management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player who demonstrates high level of initiatve
For more information or to apply directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org